Thursday, April 23, 2015

Goin' Campin'

These last two weeks have been full of many ups and downs. Firstly, two of my pastors from my church back home flew over and were a part of a conference over here. One talked at it and the other lead worship for it. It was really great to have people form back home around. I love them both and just being able to talk about the happenings back in Indiana were a comfort to me. 

Having Pastor Ron come and speak reminded me of just how much influence he's had over my life. I've grown up listening to him preach and I've heard all of his "Ronisms" as they're so called by the church. These little snippets of truth that I've heard him repeat over the years have made it into my mind and heart to such a point that I've found myself quoting them in many of my writings for Ignite. 

Later this week, things have been... interesting. I taught Sunday school this last Sunday. Well, I say that I taught it. Actually it was more like me trying to get the kids to stop talking for 5 minutes so I could give them the short lesson I'd prepared. But one of the ladies who is a part of the Re:Gen Tremorfa team is incredible with these kids. They all adore her and they listen to nearly every word she says. You can just watch them imitating her. It is too cute. I know I would have hardly got a word in if she hadn't come into the class to help settle the kids down. While I love kids, I have not yet developed the skill of getting them to listen to me, but this lady has! They might not always do what she tells them, but they love her, even when she tells them no. How does she do it? This lady is so gifted with children.

We've had a lot of extra drama this week with our girls, so please pray that God will step into their lives to turn them around. When all hope seems lost, God can still turn things around. 

We're going on a camping trip with some of the kids this weekend, so please pray that God will touch the hearts of these kids and we will come home with more brothers in Christ! Also, please pray that we get sunny weather! If Jesus can calm the storm with His words and He's given us His authority, I think we can still call out good weather in Jesus' name! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment