Saturday, September 20, 2014

Across the Ocean At Last

Well, I finally made it over! I actually arrived on Tuesday morning, but this is my first evening off since I’ve been here, so I thought now would be a good time to update you all.

I’ve been to a couple of meetings with the young people over here and things have gone about as expected: kids being kids. A lot of these kids are new Christians (which is amazing!) so they are asking a lot of questions trying to figure out what they believe. It’s awesome to see this stage of Christianity, especially with all these young people exploring God for themselves. I grew up around mostly Christians, and while I have done youth ministry before, it was mostly mentoring young people who have already accepted Christ.  This is a whole new experience for me and I look forward to learning more about God on this journey. I always feel like you learn more about a subject when you teach and have to explain that subject to someone else. Please pray that God gives me wisdom and opportunities to share and talk about His love to others.

All this has been great for a first week , but unfortunately it’s not going to last if my finances don’t come through.  For those who would like to donate on a monthly basis here is a chart on how much I’ll need for the basics on a monthly basis. It would be extremely helpful if you would commit to donating for a need that will be coming up:

Rent per month: $430

Bills per month: $362

Food per month: $172

Transportation per month: $52

Plane ticket home: $1,000



*This is based off the expenses of a previous American intern

No comments:

Post a Comment