Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Caring Through the Chaos

Well, we survived play practice last week. I'm not sure how or if we'll end up doing the play, but we survived the last practice at least. We had a guest come to give a talk and some samples of the beauty products she sells, and with a crowd of mostly girls in the youth club, they thoroughly enjoyed rubbing in the lotions and perfume samples. Some of the boys enjoyed it as well. One boy had so much lotion on his hands that he started smearing it all over his face and neck. His reasoning was "if it's free, it's fine". Needless to say, we all smelled very good at the end of the night. After the "Body Shop Party" we had tea and cookies and some children helped themselves to enough cookies for the next 2 weeks!

We had a crazy night at the Tremorfa youth club as well. We had some boys playing xbox in one room and some of the girls were doing some crafts and some karaoke. We ended up with a very noisy room. We had some younger boys who were bored watching the older boys playing xbox, so they started running around and causing a bit of a ruckus. 

Like I said: a crazy night. I felt like a lot of the time was just spent in crowd control, so it was difficult to try and make conversation and build relationships with these kids. Even if they don't know me very well, I love these kids more than they will ever know. I've asked God to give me His heart for His people and I believe He's given it. I'm glad we have so many kids who want to come in, but things can get a bit overwhelming when they start misbehaving. Please be praying that we would find more opportunities to talk and share God's love with these kids.

This Saturday I'm inviting people to join me in praying for the Father's Love to be shown to these children. Not all of them have fathers, and a lot who do don't have a good relationship with them. I will be having a prayer day once a month and I am inviting all of my family in Christ to join. 

Please pray that once His Love is discovered, it will shine from His children, lighting up all of Tremorfa and Grangetown and God's light and love would spread to the rest of Cardiff and Wales. We are praying for revival to take over this country again.

Thank you again for your continued support. I am funded through March!!! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment