Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I Am Never Apart From My Family In Christ

So after the last few weeks of being busy and putting so much out, I was just feeling exhausted! I'm not used to being busy all the time. Turns out it's hard! Thankfully, since I did spend my weekend in a tent in the name of ministry, Ignite graced me with an extra day off. 

I will tell you, I got spiritually drenched this week! It was great. After an initial day of rest, I was swept away to a women's conference called Colour Conference that's put on by Hillsong. There I was surrounded by women of faith and everyday was filled with worship, inspirational teachings, and long lines.

Okay, the long lines didn't necessarily add to my faith, (aside from maybe increasing my patience) but the rest was uplifting. We had 3 main speakers who are great Christian communicators, Beth Moore, Dawnchere Wilkerson, and Joyce Meyers! All of whom have impacted my thought life over the last few days.

Dawnchere spoke about her father and how when she was in trouble, he would always rush to her rescue, and how God was like that. He rushes to you when you need Him. While I recognize that having a great father figure is a rarity in this day and age I really appreciate my father and what a great example he's been of the Heavenly Father. Hearing Dawnchere speak about her father rushing to her rescue made me sad in that I know that if I'm in trouble over here, my dad can't come rushing to the rescue. But it was a good reminder that our Heavenly Father is always with me and will come to the rescue when I call on Him.

And if that wasn't enough, I then spent Sunday and Monday with people who have encouraged me and have spoke God's truth into my life. I have been so blessed by the ladies who have come alongside me and helped me when I was feeling down and have kept pointing me to God. 

Anyone can have friends who say nice things when times are tough, but to have friends who are constantly bringing it back to God and saying "Let's pray about it" is such a blessing and encouragement. We can do nothing without Christ. It's good to be reminded of that. I love my sisters in Christ.

Thank you all for your prayers. I have been truly blessed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment