Monday, May 11, 2015

Plant the Seed and Wait

It's Sunday morning. We've just had a morning filled with worship music and a sermon taught on how you can plant a seed, but you have to wait for the harvest. The person up front spoke about a man who had prayed for 5 of his friends over many years, and after a few years 2 were saved, and then over a matter of 20 years, two of the others were saved. This man prayed for 50 years for this last friend to be saved, but then the man died, not knowing if his friend would ever be saved. Then a few months after the man's death, the 5th friend came to Christ. The moral being that it can take years of praying for someone to be saved, and sometimes, you may never find out if this loved one has come to Christ of not.

The church is packed. I'm sitting up near the top of the theater-like seats in the back of the church. I can see most of the congregation from my vantage point. At the end of his sermon, the man up front did an altar call. As I watch these people make their way to the front I started to get emotional. I'm watching the family of God grow before my eyes! I was so happy that we now have new brothers and sisters in Christ!

I spotted one of the people going forward and realized it was the boyfriend of a friend of mine. The girls in my small group had been praying for this guy to come to church and I know his girlfriend has been trying to get him to come for a while. I was so happy that this guy was going forward! He had no idea that all these people who he's never even met had been praying for his salvation. Those of us girls who had been praying started rejoicing from all over the sanctuary when we saw him step forward. God does answer prayers!

While I was crazy happy to see all these people come to Christ on this Sunday morning, I became sad as well, knowing that most of the kids that I work with in Tremorfa have not yet realized their need for Christ. As I thought on it more, I began to weep for these kids. I want so badly to be confident that I will see these kids in Heaven in the end, but at this point in time, all I can do is pray and wait for God to move. I will continue to do what I hear God telling me, but I know that no amount of talking about God can actually bring these kids to Him. Only God can change their hearts. I want so badly to have an altar call in Tremorfa where these kids come to give their lives to Christ.

That's when the message this man up front was giving started to really sink in. I know that I can pray for these kids, but I may never know if and when they come to Christ. I may never know if my work and effort to get God's message across will actually have an impact on these kids' lives. All I can do is pray, like the man in the story. 

Please join me in praying for salvation to come over these kids in Tremorfa. I want God to completely turn around this community and to bring His kingdom to earth. Even if I go to my grave before I see any results, I will continue to pray for my kids here.

No comments:

Post a Comment