Saturday, October 4, 2014

Building a Wall and Rolling the Ball

So I told you to stay tuned, yes? Well, things are going great over here. Unfortunately, fundraising has come to a standstill since I've left home. I love you all, and I'm grateful for all of the contributions from friends and family. We've reached the $4,000 mark! Yay! However, in order to stay here the full 12 months, I should need another $9,000.

I know it's a daunting number, and you may be thinking that nothing you could do would change that. But there is something you could do. Every small bit helps. It takes more than one brick to build a wall, but if you put them all together you can build a fortress. Even if it's skipping a coffee once a week, or not taking that $5 luxury once a week, we can build that wall. So I ask you friends, to not think that you have to give every cent from your bank, but to do something small on a regular basis, would you help me stay in Cardiff and to finish what I've started? 

If you would like to help build the wall, you can send whatever you are willing to give to Heartland Church at 1025 Vance Ave. Fort Wayne, IN 46825. A small monthly contribution can put up a good section of the wall. Thank you for your help and prayers.

We are getting the ball rolling with some things over here. Coming up in the near future me and some others from the ignite team will be going into a high school in Tremorfa and will be paired up with some students to be mentors! I'm really excited about this opportunity! The school knows that we are a christian group and yet they are still letting us come in mentor these kids. I believe it will be a very good thing. Challenging, but good.

So we are doing the training for that in the meantime. Learning how to respond to the things we may be faced with, be it a rambunctious teen, someone dealing with abuse, or someone who has just shut down and doesn't know how to take love anymore. Please be praying about this as we prepare. Pray that we would show the Love of Christ to these kids, and that God would be preparing their hearts as well, whether they know it or not. 

We did a prayer-walk this morning, walking around the area of Tremorfa and claiming this neighborhood for God. There is so much poverty and bondage to the enemy going on around us that a lot of times we don't even notice it anymore. But God is doing something behind the scenes. We've seen changes in some of the kids behavior towards good, and kids are getting saved. This whole ministry is about relationships. A lot of it takes time, so I do get a little impatient, but the others are telling me of these changes. 

Please pray that God will continue His work in the city, and that revival will come again to this nation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment