Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Little Huge Steps

I've been getting closer to the kids we're working with. Building relationships always take time, but I'm glad for what's come from these few weeks of knowing them. I love watching the kids and getting to know each of them.

A lot of these kids we're working with have come from broken families. More often there's only one parent in the house and in any situation that's hard for the children to deal with. A lot of these kids don't feel they can trust adults, so it can be difficult to show the love of Christ.

But we have seen some small breakthroughs this week! We had a girls' night on Friday and we had more girls show up than we expected! It got a little chaotic, but when I saw one girl sitting by herself I decided to join her at the craft table. She refused to sit with the other girls who were watching a movie and she didn't want to tell me what was wrong, so I just sat with her, doing a craft beside her so she knew I was there to listen. She did eventually open up and tell me what was bothering her. It wasn't much more than a petty argument with a friend who was there, but I knew to her it was more than just something small. She was feeling hurt by her friend and she didn't want to sit with her.

I encouraged her to tell her friend about what was wrong. I know that girls' grudges, no matter how small they start out, can ruin some good times ahead. So eventually when her friend was separated from the group, I saw the girl approach her and talk for a bit. It seemed that within a few minutes the problem was resolved and they were back to being friends. 

I know this seems like a small victory, but some of these kids feel like they are either a bother to most grownups or they are ignored completely. So to have someone sit there and listen to them, no matter how small the matter might be, can mean a lot to some kids. I want these kids to know that someone does care for them and that Christ cares even more.

Please pray for more opportunities to show God's love to the people of this community. Please continue in praying with us for revival to come again to the country of Wales. God has done a big movement in this nation before and He's not done with Wales. God's not done yet.

Stay tuned for the next testimony of what God's doing in this place. It might seem small, but it's a huge step forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment