Tuesday, November 18, 2014

God Can Heal the Scars!

As some of you already know, I wasn't feeling well last week, so I had to sit out of 3 days of work. It wasn't the most optimal time to sit out either because my first day back on the job was the day of our big youth event Speak. So I was sadly under-prepared for this event.

I helped where I could but I must say all the prep and details of this day was done by these wonderful ladies I work with, Ruth and Caitlin. So well done ladies.

The event was fast paced where we had a large amount of speakers who speak for only 15 minutes each. It's great because you hear a variety of subjects on descipleship and the best of what people have to say in 15 minutes. So we had a great day with that.

We had one girl from Tremorfa share her amazing testimony. She used to be bullied in high school and  she would self harm. Then one day her friend invited her to youth club (the same one I'm working at, but this was before I came) and she came and was eventually led to Christ. She started going to church on Sundays and a few months after getting saved she decided to get baptized! She was nervous about it on the day of because she knew she would have to show the scars on her arms when she got baptized, but she decided (by her own words) "Bugger, I'll do it for Jesus."

When she went under the water she started feeling a tingling like pins and needles in her arms, and she didn't think anything of it until she came up and saw that her scars were gone! God had completely healed her scars and she was free from that bondage! She can now wear short sleeved tops again and not feel ashamed! Her ending remarks were "Jesus loves you, and He can do miracles, so yeah..."

Although she was nervous about speaking in front of people, the power of her words and her testimony brought out her courage as well. She was very inspiring. And just hearing what God had done for her and how He had shown His love towards her was amazing and moving. She had brought hope to others in the crowd who had had a past of self-harming.

God is so good, and He is moving. Please keep praying for these young people we're working with over here, and for the continued health of the team. I'm still dealing with a bit of cold-like stuff and I'm really praying I can get out of that this week. Thank you for all of your support, once again. Thank you for your prayers. I'll let you know how next week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment