Monday, November 10, 2014

What an Adventure God's Got Me On!

What a week!
Things have been going great.The Tuesday night youth club went well. Nobody caught fire from the sparklers, thank goodness. We did have one boy say it'd be fun to try popping a car tire with them, but I was quick to inform him that the only car nearby belonged to the woman who runs the youth club. That didn't seem to discourage him very much, so I made sure to stand between him and the car while he held the sparklers.

We spoke about November 5th and why we celebrate it. It was the day when an assassination attempt to kill King James was thwarted. The same King James who ordered the Bible be translated to English, and where we get the King James Bible. If the plan had succeeded we would probably not have the Bible as freely as we do today. Aren't we glad for that.I would love to tell you more about my first experience celebrating November 5th, but that will have to be in a different post

Thursday was the first time I lead a meeting in the youth club in Tremorfa. Spoke on the basics of our beliefs: John 3:16-17, emphasizing how Jesus didn't come to condemn but to save us. I think using everyday language to explain these verses really clicked with some of the kids. At the end they were actually asking questions about what it takes to go to Heaven, as well as other rather deep questions.

Now maybe not all, but a lot of these kids would rather laugh and distract than have to face a serious subject in front of their friends, so it was a huge deal that some of these kids were asking these questions. We're praying that they continue to ask these questions and that they will find the ultimate answer: Jesus Christ. Please join us in this prayer.

I felt like I became better friends with the boys that night as well. As some of you may have heard, we played some British football (soccer) and the boys, who have played a lot of football, even said I wasn't half bad! I was super proud of myself. But on another level, I feel like the boys became more comfortable with me. I wasn't just a stranger who was tagging along anymore. I'm getting closer to the friend status. Yay!

Ignite is having its big youth event on Saturday, so we've been in the office preparing for that as well this week. This event is to encourage young Christians in their faith and to challenge them to make a difference in their world for Christ. We're really praying for a big turnout.

Praise God, hallelujah! He is my provider. My next 2 months over here are covered. Please pray about giving towards this ministry that God is developing in me and through me to the youth of Cardiff. I don't know what He's got in store, but I believe it's gonna be good. If you would like to contribute please send checks to:
Heartland Church
1025 Vance Ave.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805

And remember to attach my name to the check, don't write it on the check and make it out to Heartland Church. Thank you so much to those who have already given and to those who are planning to give. You are all such a blessing to me, and you are being a true example of the Body of Christ.

I love you all, and please continue to keep me and this ministry in your prayers. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment