Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Just a Quick Update

This week was "Half Term" which means that the kids all had school off for the week. (They don't have Thanksgiving so I guess they need a week off for something.)

We've had our girl come to church in Tremorfa again. I'm so glad it's becoming a regular thing now. And almost every week she brings a different friend with her. I sat near them in the service this week, and while a lot of times it seems like they're not paying attention they can really be soaking up what's being said, so I'm praying that's the case.

Also, things have been settling in with the youth club in Grangetown. Kids are kids so it's always exciting. In celebration of the autumn season we had a night of quizzing, tested all five of our senses,  and at the end, had a good old fashioned apple bobbing. Of course, that eventually turned into a water fight and we ended up mopping the floors, but the kids loved it.

This week we are planning on making chocolate covered apples (like caramel apples but less mess), and sparklers! I know, kinda risky with kids. I'll let you know if we see anything in flames.

What most Americans don't know is that on November 5th the British have what's called a Bonfire Night. They'll have bonfires, bbqs, and fireworks! I guess it's the British equivalent of July 4th, just without the independence part of it. And I get to be here for it! I'm very excited. Or as the Welsh would say "chuffed". (I think I'm saying that right.) Sadly, they don't have s'mores over here, but if that's the only thing that's missing it should still be a good night.

As I said, the kids had school off last week and the youth club in Tremorfa took the week off as well, so I didn't spend much time with the kiddos. We've been working in the office nearly full time preparing for the youth event Speak, which is happening a week from Saturday.

Please keep the team in your prayers as we've been dealing with sicknesses. Also, please pray that this event we are preparing for would touch the hearts of the people attending, and please pray that many attend.

As always, thank you for your continued support of my ministry in south Wales through prayer and finances. Please keep it up! I love you all. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment